21 June 2007

success!

No, my success has nothing to do with apartment hunting. Stupid, frustrating, endless apartment hunting is not nearing success. No, this is about something much more important.

Yep, that's bread. But it's not just any bread. This is butternut oatmeal bread, which I baked myself, and it also happens to be the best loaf of bread I've ever baked.

I've been trying for years to bake a good loaf of bread. And when I say good, I mean edible. It's always been too dry, too moist, too dense, or too hard. I could get a good flavor but I never managed a good texture.

But now, with this recipe, and also with a few tips from a bread-baking friend of mine, I have produced a delicious loaf of home-baked bread.

Now if only I could find an apartment, I'd be truly happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I hate baking bread, and I'm always impressed with anyone that can do it well (and enjoy it to boot!)

Anonymous said...

home baked bread is the best. we've just discovered spelt bread, the recipe's really simple (main ingredients are spelt flour, sparkling mineral water and yoghurt, plus almonds, which was our idea). very yummy and very healthy.
yay!
:)
have a lovely day,
mojca