26 May 2009

midweek recipes

The bad news: I'm discontinuing my Weekend Recipe feature. (Remember that? How I used to sporadically post recipes once in a while?)

The good news: I'm compiling all of my recipes online, in a separate blog, found here: Heidi's Collected Recipes.

Mostly this is for myself. My previous system for recipes was to write everything down in one of four notebooks used for recipes, or on random post-its and scraps of paper. By putting everything online I'll be eliminating the hassle of carrying notebooks with me when I travel, as well as the time it takes me to flip through any (or all) of those notebooks to find a particular recipe.

I figured that putting all my recipes online would be an easy way to share recipes with those of you who are interested, as well as keep things organized for myself. It's not really a food blog -- I'm not going to describe how to make anything or write any reviews or take any photos. I post the recipes and write a few notes about what works and what doesn't. I'm also using it to post recipes that I haven't tried but would like to when I get the chance, so if you're going to make something I've posted, be sure to check the notes and see if I've ever made it.

I've been in the process of transferring my collection to the new blog for a few months now, so head over and check it out if you're interested!

2 comments:

Reneka said...

Yay recipes!

karen said...

What a good idea! I just may do the same - I'd started typing them up as word documents, but you still have to print them our email them to yourself to take them anywhere...
Thanks for sharing the great recipes and the great idea :)