14 July 2008

monday food blogging

I don't have much to write about lately, so I'm posting some photos of recent adventures in food.

1) Mulberries: I bought these at the market because I'd never had them or even seen them before. They're pretty, with a subtle, not-too-sweet taste, but they go bad quickly.


2) Monkey cake: I made this banana cake for a children's monkey party hosted by a friend of mine, and it was scrumptious. And cute. Ignore the sloppy decorating please.

3) Zucchini! I don't know whether I've mentioned it here yet, but I'm attempting to grow zucchini in a container on my back step this summer, and this afternoon I noticed my first tiny zucchini growing! This is the first food I've ever grown (if you don't count herbs, which I don't), so I'm very pleased with myself. And I'm very impatiently awaiting the day when I can pick this little zucchini and eat it right up.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

That is one awesome monkey cake! I can't wait to have the time/space/inclination to garden and plant zucchini. I could do it here, but don't want to while we rent. But someday I'm going to have a small backyard plot for tomatoes and such.

P.S. I always flunk your word verification!

Samay said...

Monkey cake looks delicious.

My mom has a mulberry tree, the ones you got from the market are really raw. But they go bad so quickly, i don't think there's any other way to sell them.