19 November 2007

happy birthday to me!

Twenty-six years, and one awesome weekend with friends and family to celebrate it. We ate dinner at a new restaurant I've been wanting to try; we did karaoke at a Mexican restaurant, where I rocked the house down singing "Son of a Preacher Man" while wearing a sombrero; we went to the Our Body exhibit at the science museum, which was (to me) equal parts fascinating and gross; and I baked myself this cake, which is one of the most delicious cakes I've ever had.

The photo doesn't really do it justice, but Greg has got some impressive decorating skills. People thought it was weird that I made my own cake, but that's my birthday present to myself -- once a year I get to take the time to search for the perfect recipe, buy unhealthy ingredients that I wouldn't normally use (such as heavy cream, and high quality chocolate!), and bake and frost a perfect dessert just for myself. Of course I don't eat the whole thing myself, but the creating is half the fun anyway.

All in all, not a bad way to celebrate twenty-six years. Not bad at all.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy birthday! Oh, how I wish I had been there for the Karaoke in the sombrero. The cake rocks the house, too! (and I was going to ask if it would make an appearance on the blog, but you beat me to it)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I had no idea I was older than you....by a year. The cake looks delicious.

Anonymous said...

it sounds like a fun birthday, yay :) hope you got my ecard! *big birthday hugs*