06 March 2008

random happiness

I've been kind of cranky lately, so I thought I'd write a post on some of the good things that have happened this week, however small, to try and get myself out of this funk a little bit.

  • Finally, for the first time ever, I made really good homemade hummus. And I think I owe it all to getting a new food processor. There was nothing wrong with the old one, really, it just wasn't cutting it in the hummus department texture-wise. But the new one? Perfect. (Kitchen successes or failures can really make or break my day, sometimes.
  • I got a package from a friend today: a copy of the film Once (which I've been wanting to see for quite some time) and its soundtrack. Those, along with the copy of The Fountain that's waiting for me to pick it up at the library, should give me something to do when Greg is out of town next week.
  • I made these cookies today, and they are good. Reeeaaaally good. I was having issues with them at first -- they were sticking to the pan and crumbling all over the place -- but I did manage to get enough whole, undamaged cookies to make it worthwhile. And they're good. Reeeaaaally good.
  • I don't want to jinx myself or anything, but Evan is maybe, possibly starting to consider becoming a little bit interested in the potty. He had this weird skin problem going on, so we let him go diaperless on a few different days, and he used his little potty every time he had to go. Every time. As the parent of a toddler, sometimes I don't ask for much more out of life than this.

Okay, thats all I've got for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy crap....why did you have to show me those cookies?! Are you TRYING to make me turn into a whale?! Haha....they look SO good.