07 September 2007

friday photos

Yes, today is James' third day of school, but me being the negligent mother that I am, I've forgotten every day this week to bring the camera to the bus stop for the mandatory first-day-of-school photo. (That's once we were assigned to a bus, which didn't happen until the first day of school was over, but that's another story.) So one of these days I will get a photo of him with his new backpack and his new bus and probably his new best friend too, but the school stories will wait until then.

Meanwhile, I'll post photos from Labor Day. We went boating with a friend of ours. All of the boys went canoeing (Greg and the friend who came with us are training for their second Adventure Race) and I went kayaking. It was beautiful, aside from the facts that the canal runs parallel to a major (noisy) highway and my total lack of upper body strength. I thought my arms were going to fall out of their sockets before the two-mile trip came to an end (two miles being approximately 1.8 miles more than I've ever kayaked before), but I'm here typing, so obviously I managed to hang onto them.

The boys were a little scared of the canoe, mostly because of the rocking, but to my mind that means we just haven't taken them boating enough. If only we didn't have to rent kayaks and canoes. Ah, well, someday...

Anyway, a couple of photos:


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are great pictures -- James and Evan look so little in their life jackets and in the canoe!

Jane said...

Found you through the comments section at Rocks in My Dryer. I wanted to thank you for your balanced and kind comments. I have a lot of judgmental Christians in my own family and it was just refreshing what you wrote.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I saw your comment over at Rocks in My Dryer on the southwest thread. You echoed the thoughts I hadn't yet composed, when I left my comment.
You really hit the nail on the head with your comment. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Glad you all had fun. Where did Greg's hair go?